Working Near Water

Doing construction near a stream or watercourse requires permits and approvals from Fisheries and Oceans Canada, the Ministry of Environment, Local government, and in some cases Port Metro Vancouver. Any type of development within 30m of a watercourse requires an Instream Works Application, including: an assessment of fishery resource values of the watercourse and surrounding upland area, an assessment of the potential impacts to fish habitat and a plan to mitigate those impacts with Best Management Practices (BMPs).

Barsanti Environmental Services will help streamline the process of launching your project successfully by acting as your regulatory liaison and providing the technical expertise you need to follow it through to completion.